Whats new in Virtualbox 5.0
- Paravirtualization Support for Linux and Windows Guests: Significantly improves performance of Linux guest operating systems by leveraging built-in virtualization support.
- Improved CPU Utilization: A set of CPU instructions to the guest OS, allowing application to use newest hardware instructions sets for better performance.
- Support of USB 3.0 Devices: Guest OS now supports USB 3.0 and can operate at maximum 3.0 speeds, also guest OS can be configured for USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 support.
- Bi-Directional Drag and Drop Support: Guests can now support “drag and drop” (copying or opening files or directories) of content between host and guests on all host platforms.
- Disk Image Encryption: During run-time, Data can be transparently encrypted on virtual hard disk images with the support of 256 bit data encryption keys.