Streamlink is a cross-platform command line utility tool (and API) with which you can stream videos from several streaming services including Twitch and YouTube Live via any video player app of your choosing e.g. VLC and MPV player.
Features in Streamlink
- FOSS – Streamlink is free and open source with its source code available on GitHub.
- API – developers can make use of Streamlink’s API and even take advantage of its comprehensive tutorials.
- Multi-service Support – add your favorite streaming services if they aren’t already included out of the box.
- Multiplayer Support – use Streamlink with any of your favorite media player apps.
- Plugin Support – see the several plugins you can use with Streamlink here.
- Support for avi/mov VOD streams for rtve.
- Support for Beam VOD and HLS streams for live.
- Stream videos stored on Google Drive and Google Docs.